The West Loop neighborhood of Chicago has become a popular destination for locals and tourists alike due to its vibrant food scene, trendy bars, and unique events. With the arrival of summer, the West Loop is brimming with exciting events for everyone to enjoy. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the best summer events happening in the West Loop neighborhood of Chicago.
- Taste of Randolph Street Festival The Taste of Randolph Street Festival is an annual event that takes place in June and has been a staple in the West Loop for over 20 years. The festival features food from some of the West Loop’s most popular restaurants, as well as live music and art installations. This year’s festival will take place from June 17th to June 19th and will feature performances from bands such as Dr. Dog and Dawes. Tickets for the festival can be purchased online in advance or at the gate.
- West Loop Farmers Market The West Loop Farmers Market is a weekly event that takes place every Saturday from June through October. Located in Mary Bartelme Park, the market features over 30 vendors selling locally grown produce, handmade crafts, and artisanal food items. In addition to shopping, the market also offers live music and cooking demonstrations. The West Loop Farmers Market is a great way to support local farmers and businesses while enjoying a day out in the sun.
- Randolph Street Market Festival The Randolph Street Market Festival is a monthly event that takes place from May through September. The festival features over 300 vendors selling antiques, vintage clothing, jewelry, and other unique items. In addition to shopping, the festival also offers food and drinks, live music, and a pet-friendly atmosphere. The market is located at the corner of Randolph and Ogden and is easily accessible by public transportation.
- Chicago Craft Beer Festival The Chicago Craft Beer Festival is an annual event that takes place in July and features over 70 craft breweries from around the country. Located in the heart of the West Loop, the festival also offers food from local restaurants, live music, and games. General admission tickets can be purchased in advance online or at the gate, and VIP tickets are also available for those looking for a more exclusive experience.
- West Loop Art Fest The West Loop Art Fest is a two-day event that takes place in September and features over 170 artists displaying their work in a variety of mediums, including painting, sculpture, and photography. In addition to the art, the festival also offers food and drinks from local vendors and live music. The festival is located on Washington Boulevard between Aberdeen and Halsted and is free to attend.
- Chicago French Market Summer Concert Series The Chicago French Market Summer Concert Series is a weekly event that takes place every Thursday evening from June through August. Located inside the Chicago French Market, the concert series features live music from local musicians and offers a variety of food and drink options from the market’s vendors. The concert series is free to attend and is a great way to spend a relaxing summer evening in the West Loop.
- Movies in the Park The Chicago Park District’s Movies in the Park series is a summer staple in Chicago, and the West Loop is no exception. Mary Bartelme Park and Skinner Park both host Movies in the Park events throughout the summer, featuring family-friendly films shown on a giant outdoor screen. Bring a blanket and some snacks and enjoy a movie under the stars in the heart of the West Loop.
In conclusion, the West Loop neighborhood of Chicago offers a variety of exciting events for everyone to enjoy during the summer months. Whether you’re a foodie looking to sample some of the city’s best cuisine or an art lover looking for unique pieces to add to your collection, there’s something for everyone in the West Loop.